When Josh and I lived in Boston, we spent many holidays with just us two. We would look around for a good recipe and then spend the day prepping and making this great meal. It was fun and we have sort of made this a tradition. OK, so making a nice meal on a holiday doesn’t sound like some genius plan as I would guess most families do this but we like to try out a new recipe and we like to make it together. It’s a great time. Having said that, we did repeat a recipe that we previously made for this past Easter but let’s breeze right over that part. If you’ve got a little time, this is a great meal and dessert option.
A family photo and a few random thoughts:
1. Cal is obsessed with Boston so if he is around, Cal will not be looking towards the camera (see above).
2. I got this purse from Target and I’m in love. I especially love that I can wear it as a crossbody because it makes carry this and my breast pump bag when I’m flying way easier. Before, both slipped off my shoulder which annoyed the hell out of me.
3. Next weekend I have to be away from the boys for two weeks for an Air Force thing. I’m trying not to think about it but I miss them a ton already.
4. Cal is almost 7 months old. Nope. Too fast.
5. I don’t understand why my arms aren’t really toned. I thought carrying around a twenty pounder plus a twenty pounder in a car seat (which feels like 75 pounds) would give me some nice Kelly Ripa arms. It has not, they look very untoned.
6. I went to the dentist and I have four cavities because of all the sweets I eat. This may have something to do with my problem listed in #5.
Ok that’s enough. Hope you all had a good weekend!
We took Cal to our favorite picnic spot this weekend. It wasn’t exactly warm but it was…..not freezing. Like no winter coat was needed which is maaaajor progress. And I finally, after 6 months of Cal being around, started to put together a baby book. Right on time.
Hope you all had a nice sleepy weekend!
It’s Friday! And guess who slept 11 hours last night? If you guessed Cal or Boston, both are correct.